Occupational Therapy Assistant
Join our interdisciplinary team as an Occupational Therapy Assistant working at our Mesa and Chandler clinics!
Join AZA United, a 2021 Arizona Top Workplace winner, known around the valley as a community-based organization that provides compassionate and life-changing care for individuals with autism. We understand that it takes great people to provide great therapy, as well as a wonderful work environment for our teammates. This is a great opportunity to contribute your skills to an interdisciplinary model that includes speech therapists, behavior analysts, counselors and psychologists. Together, we provide a holistic and comprehensive treatment experience for children with autism and their families.
This role is primarily responsible for providing treatment services to AZA United clients through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. This role assists clients in developing, improving, and maintaining the skills needed for daily living.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct treatment, identified by the supervising OT, by following the written individualized treatment plans.
- Implement therapy goals in an individual setting and facilitate them in a group setting, addressing social language skills
- Perform duties as directed involving data collection and record keeping for all services delivered
- Maintain schedule availability and communicate in advance of any upcoming changes
- Participate in initial and ongoing training and/or shadowing from supervisors, parents, and other therapy team members as appropriate, including demonstration of current programs
- Offer intervention strategies to families for speech and language goals and objectives
- Communicate regularly and openly with supervisors, therapy team members, and parents/guardians of child/client
- Submit accurate paperwork, including data reports, timesheets, etc.
- Arrive timely and work for the full duration of scheduled appointments; allow for planning time and session summary
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Sufficient knowledge and experience to provide 1-to-1 occupational therapy, social group facilitation, parent training classes, and other relevant services
- 1+ years of experience with occupational therapy and/or applied behavior analysis (ABA) preferred
- Experience working directly with young children and families
- Successfully pass a fingerprint clearance check and other related hiring requirements
- Proficient at listening to and interpreting needs of child & family
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude towards all people; solid team player who is open to new ideas
- Ability to multi-task, independently plan and organize own activities
- Must be able to provide own transportation to travel to our east valley clinic locations.
In addition to joining an organization with a great culture and supportive leadership that believes in work/life balance, you'll also receive:
- A competitive salary with guaranteed pay increases every 6 months!
- An excellent comprehensive health benefit package that includes health, dental and vision, employer contributions to your health savings account, company paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, and employer paid basic life Insurance;
- A 401K plan with 4% matching after just one year
- Generous paid sick time and PTO, and 12 Paid Holidays;
- Paid Certification & Licensing Expenses;
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- and much more!
Arizona Autism United (www.AZAunited.org) is a leading nonprofit organization serving children and families. We provide a wide range of supports and therapies and are currently expanding locations and programs. To learn more about why people choose to work at AZA United, visit:
Autism knows no race, religion, gender, or identity. We need and value diversity and inclusion in our workforce in order to fully support our families. AZA United welcomes applicants of any race, age, religion, gender, identity or any other aspect which makes you unique.