Clinical Parent Trainer (Autism Families)
Great opportunity to join a 2021 Arizona Top Workplace non-profit organization that truly cares about people, and offers great professional development and promotional opportunities! Do you want to know you're making a difference in people's lives? It's an exciting time to join our team as we add more community-based programs, open two new clinics, and expand to other areas of the state in 2022 and 2023. To learn more about why great people choose to work at AZA United, please visit: https://www.azaunited.org/whyaza.
This position works under the direction of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) in the Clinical Family Coaching program. The work involves training family members in high-need situations throughout the valley to implement and sustain effective interventions in the context of their daily lives. This is a full-time position (30 or more hours a week) with a starting hourly pay range of $18-24 depending on experience. This role also includes our complete benefits package (see below for more information).
- Administer a variety of behavioral intervention and skill-teaching strategies consistent with each child’s behavior intervention plan.
- Work with a clinical team to train caregivers to implement behavior intervention strategies.
- Perform duties as directed involving data collection, progress reporting, daily activity notes, and general record keeping as directed for all services delivered.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training and/or shadowing from supervisors, parents, and other therapy team members as appropriate, including demonstration of current programs.
- Provide input to supervisory staff in the development of programs as appropriate, such as identifying strengths/needs and participating in team meetings.
- Work collaboratively and communicate with parents and families in a manner that emphasizes family-centered services.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Applicants should have experience working with autism, aggressive behaviors, challenging home environments, and be able to provide their own transportation to client’s homes and the office.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule (M-F), with occasional weekday hours as late as 7:30 PM.
- Experience working with children and families in the home setting preferred.
- Candidates must be able to remain professional in a variety of challenging environments.
- Successfully pass a Fingerprint Clearance Card check
- Associate's degree or equivalent and at least one year of behavioral health or related work experience; OR a high school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of behavioral health or related work experience.
- Knowledge of applied behavior analysis (ABA) preferred.
- Experience working in the behavioral health system is preferred.
Perks of the Role:
This is an excellent opportunity for career development for future psychologists, behavior analysts, and counselors. The Clinical Family Coaching (CFC) program also offers the following perks to those interested in a career path in behavior analysis and related psychological disciplines:
- A thorough, 1 month, competency-based training residency.
- Working on close-knit clinical teams with constant collaboration and treatment planning.
- Ongoing training and professional development including:
- Twice monthly Professional development presentations and workshops.
- Quarterly Continuing Education events including multiple departments and disciplines.
- A culture of ongoing learning, research, innovative clinical treatment, and the development of creative ways to improve the quality of life among individuals, families, and communities.
- Opportunities to work in different environments and modalities including:
- Training staff in schools, hospitals, residential facilities.
- Participating in community education programs and workshops.
- Free BCBA supervision after at least 6 months of service depending on capacity
In addition to joining an organization with a great culture and supportive leadership that believes in work/life balance, you'll also receive:
- A competitive salary with pay increases every 6 months;
- An excellent comprehensive health benefits package that includes health, dental and vision, employer contributions to your health savings account, company paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, and employer-paid basic life insurance;
- A 401(k) plan with no vesting period and matching up to 4% after one year of service
- Generous paid sick time and PTO, and 12 paid holidays;
- Paid maternity/paternity leave;
- Great work/life balance with flexibility between work sessions
- Some remote work may be available depending on the clients assigned
Join our team and change some lives...including yours!
Autism knows no race, religion, gender, or identity. We need and value diversity and inclusion in our workforce in order to fully support our families. AZA welcomes applicants of any race, age, religion, gender, identity, or any other aspect which makes you unique.
For more information about AZA United, please visit our website at www.AZAunited.org or view our profile on www.glassdoor.com.