Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) for Autism Clinic
Join our interdisciplinary team as the lead SLP at our new therapy clinic in Chandler!
Arizona Autism United is a leading nonprofit community organization seeking experienced and passionate SLP to join our team! This is a full-time role with a competitive salary and benefit package.
Our speech department provides a variety of services in different settings, and this role will specifically focus on our new therapy center near downtown Chandler. This position involves working on an interdisciplinary team and collaborating with clinical leaders from all of our programs, including speech therapy, occupational therapy, ABA therapy, counseling, diagnostics and more!
Speech Language Pathologists are primarily responsible for developing treatment plans, conducting treatment, and overseeing individualized programs for speech therapy clients. Additionally, the SLP fulfills direct and indirect supervision requirements for SLPA's.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Conduct formal and/or informal assessments to identify students with communication disorders and clearly convey the results in a written report with outlined goals and an identified treatment plan
- Provide intervention that is appropriate to the age and learning needs of each individual client
- Participate in ongoing training for parents and other therapy team members, including demonstrating implementation of current goals
- Gather and interpret data to guide decisions regarding progress and planning
- Complete all billing entries, SOAP notes, progress reports and other related documentation as required by funding sources
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences, or university equivalent
- SLP license from the Arizona Department of Health Services
- 1+ years of experience with speech therapy and/or applied behavior analysis (ABA) preferred
- Experience working directly with young children and families
- Successfully pass a fingerprint clearance check and other related hiring requirements
- Proficient at listening to and interpreting needs of child & family
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude towards all people; solid team player who is open to new ideas
- Ability to multi-task, independently plan and organize own activities
- Must be able to provide own transportation to client homes and other service locations throughout Maricopa County
- Ability to respond positively and appropriately to child’s behaviors and verbalizations to improve behavior and maximize independent functioning, consistent with the expectations of the child’s family and/or AZA United supervisors
- Ability to administer physical and verbal prompting techniques to increase child’s overall skills & abilities
In addition to joining an organization with a great culture and supportive leadership that believes in work/life balance, you'll also receive:
- A competitive salary with guaranteed pay increases every 6 months!
- An excellent comprehensive health benefit package that includes health, dental and vision, employer contributions to your health savings account, company paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, and employer paid basic life Insurance;
- A 401K plan with 4% matching after just one year
- Generous paid sick time and PTO, and 12 Paid Holidays;
- Paid Certification & Licensing Expenses;
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- and much more!
Arizona Autism United (www.AZAunited.org) is a leading nonprofit organization serving children and families. We provide a wide range of supports and therapies and are currently expanding locations and programs. To learn more about why people choose to work at AZA United, visit:
Autism knows no race, religion, gender, or identity. We need and value diversity and inclusion in our workforce in order to fully support our families. AZA United welcomes applicants of any race, age, religion, gender, identity or any other aspect which makes you unique.