Facilities and Safety Manager
Great opportunity to join a 2021 Arizona Top Workplace non-profit organization that has been helping kids and families in the Valley for over 15 years. We truly care about our employees and offer a collaborative working environment with a focus on employee wellness, professional development, and work/life balance! Do you want to know you're making a difference in people's lives? It's an exciting time to join our team as we add more community-based programs and prepare to open two new clinics in Maricopa County. To learn more about why great people choose to work at AZA United, please visit: https://www.azaunited.org/whyaza.
We are currently searching for a full-time Facilities and Safety Manager to join our growing Operations Department. This is a new position which will oversee the maintenance and operations at our current and future clinic sites, and work closely with the executive team to develop and implement safety and security plans for staff. This might be a perfect fit for you if you consider yourself people-focused with strong problem solving and project management skills, and you:
- enjoy communicating with a diverse group of people, from employees to vendors
- enjoy the balance of coordinating facilities projects and vendors while still doing minor hand's-on repairs as needed;
- like to have continual new challenges in a growing organization;
- want a hybrid role that allows some remote work; and
- are looking for a place to stay and grow a professional career, while making a big impact on others in our community!
General Job Duties Include:
- Arrange for repairs with outside vendors, and in general coordinate maintenance services for all AZA United owned facilities; schedule service maintenance as needed to maintain proper operating function; perform minor repairs and general handyman functions as able and needed.
- Manage the Facilities budget to ensure revenue and expense are within established boundaries
- Negotiate bids and contracts for third party vendors and services and oversee any work done by vendors
- Ensure assigned facilities are ready for regular business and special events; lead event setup and take down activities
- Maintain files of warranties, records, audits, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment and furnishings
- Conduct regular checks on facility grounds; ground keeping duties performed as needed, to include lawn, plant care, pest control and sprinkler system (including basic repair and maintenance)
- Manage building key and access allocation across locations;
- Manage office and clinic location moves and/or remodel projects
- Prepare and file reports with government and regulatory authorities including environmental permitting
- Maintain a safe work environment for all employees by ensuring compliance with regulatory safety requirements; perform safety checks on related equipment
- Evaluate current health and safety procedures and equipment periodically to audit for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement Emergency Action Plans and procedures
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- High School degree or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing professional facilities, equipment, and vendors required
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision or related field
- Good working knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Proficiency with general Microsoft Products (Outlook, Excel)
- Hold an active Arizona drivers license with acceptable driving record, obtain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, and show a negative result on a Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Meet the physical requirements of the position
In addition to joining a 2021 Top Workplaces organization with a great culture and supportive leadership, you'll also receive:
- A competitive salary with guaranteed pay increases every 6 months;
- An excellent comprehensive health benefits package that includes health, dental and vision, employer contributions to your health savings account, company paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, employer-paid basic life insurance and robust Wellness and Employee Assistance platform;
- A 401(k) plan with no vesting period and matching up to 4% after one year of service;
- Generous paid sick time and PTO, and 12 paid holidays;
- A flexible schedule with the opportunity to work from home when not needed on site;
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave;
- Student Loan Forgiveness: As a non-profit organization, your employment (when consistently working at least 30 hours a week) meets requirements under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (for student loan forgiveness). For more information you can visit https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
Join our fantastic team and help us keep the motor running behind the scenes, so we can help as many kids with autism as possible! For more information about AZA United please visit our website at www.AZAunited.org or view our profile on Glassdoor. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Autism knows no race, religion, gender, or identity. We need and value diversity and inclusion in our workforce in order to fully support our families. AZA welcomes applicants of any race, age, religion, gender, identity or any other aspect which makes you unique.