Habilitation & Respite Provider for Children with Autism - Tucson Area
Now offering HIGHER RATES and a STARTUP BONUS up to $250!
Looking for a Flexible Job that Truly Makes a Difference?
Arizona Autism United (www.AZAunited.org) is a leading nonprofit organization that was named a 2021 Top Workplace Winner because of our inclusive culture and commitment to employee growth. We are seeking responsible candidates who love to work with kids, and want to make a real difference in the lives of autism families by teaching them how to talk and play! Habilitation and Respite Providers are paraprofessionals that work directly with children in their homes, doing activities to accomplish goals that include life skills and positive behavior.
To see our Job Preview Video, go here: https://youtu.be/SHLJZJqkDaA
In this role, you will provide caregiving and skill teaching services for individuals with autism of various ages. These services are known as Habilitation, Respite and Attendant Care (visit our website to learn more). It is a great opportunity to gain experience and make an everlasting connection with a child in need.
As a provider, you work in the family's home and help with learning daily living skills, communication, play and positive behavior. AZA United will provide all the training and ongoing support you need to be successful. You can work part-time with one client, or work with multiple clients if you are looking for something closer to full-time. We will find a family that lives near you since we have clients in need anywhere in Arizona.
If you have general experience caring for others and want to make a difference in the lives of families affected by autism, this role is for you!
What is required?
- Minimum 18 years old
- Must have at least 3 months of caregiving experience, formal or informal (babysitting, working in a school or camp, etc.)
- Experience with autism or other developmental disabilities is a plus but NOT required
- A criminal history check and Fingerprint Clearance Card is required (we will give you instructions)
- CPR, First Aid and other certifications are required (we will help you schedule these classes)
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to client homes (should be no more than 15 miles from your address)
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in English (both verbal and written)
What are the perks and benefits?
- New and competitive hourly rates, recently increased! You choose which services to provide:
- Habilitation now pays $16.50-$19.00 per hour (based on your qualifications)
- Respite now pays $15/hour
- Attendant Care now pays $16/hour
- Get a STARTUP BONUS up to $250 and additional bonuses for working with multiple clients!
- Virtual interviewing, onboarding and training available
- Work near your home
- Flexible scheduling (10-15 hours per week or more depending on your availability)
- Professional development and support from experienced supervisors
- Career path and promotion opportunities
- 401k matching
- HSA health & dental insurance available for full-time employees (30+ hours/week)
- Work for a 2021 Top Workplace Winner
- Student Loan Forgiveness: As a non-profit organization, your employment (when consistently working at least 30 hours a week) meets requirements under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (for student loan forgiveness). For more information you can visit https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
- Apply now!
- We will review your resume and schedule a virtual interview if you’re a good fit. You will also have the opportunity to record your interview responses on your own time if you prefer!
- While you wait, learn more about this role and the services that you can provide: Learn More
- If offered the position, we will invite you to get one-on-one guidance through your certification and training process to get you started.
- Once completed, you can start helping a family and change both of your lives forever!
Arizona Autism United (www.AZAunited.org) is a leading nonprofit organization serving children and families. We provide a wide range of supports and therapies and are currently expanding locations and programs. To learn more about why people choose to work at AZA United, visit:
Autism knows no race, religion, gender, or identity. We need and value diversity and inclusion in our workforce in order to fully support our families. AZA United welcomes applicants of any race, age, religion, gender, identity or any other aspect which makes you unique.